The TCAT Reconnect Grant can help you pay towards a degree at one of Tennessee Centers for Applied Technology (TCATs).
TCATs are located throughout the state of Tennessee, and provide a wide range of technical and occupational training programs, providing quality technical education to connect students with high quality careers.
Who is eligible?
- Tennessee resident, U.S. Citizen
- Have a FAFSA dependency status of independent
- Enroll Full time at a Tennessee College of Applied Technology
- Be in pursuit of a certificate or diploma
- Maintain continuous enrollment and satisfactory academic progress
How do I apply?
Students must apply for the TCAT Reconnect Grant by submitting the FAFSA by July 1 for Summer, November 1 for Fall, and March 1 for Spring Trimesters. Students must reapply each year in order to remain eligible.
You do not fill out a separate application for the TCAT Reconnect Grant. Rather, you will need to simply apply to the college you want to attend. The process for applying for the grant is handled by the TCAT you want to attend. For this, and any other aid you need, you will need to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This ensures that you will receive all the federal aid you will qualify for. The TCAT Reconnect Grant is a last dollar scholarship, so it funds the remaining tuition after the federal government, and any other eligible state programs chip in. The result for qualifying students is the same: Tuition-free education at TCAT*.
*Students are still financially responsible for books and supplies.
If you want to use the TCAT Reconnect Grant to attend a TCAT institution in Tennessee:
1. Find a TCAT near you
2. Fill out the TCAT Reconnect Interest Form to begin an application and get connected to a Reconnect Grant expert at your selected TCAT: https://www.tbr.edu/tcat/tcat-reconnect-interest-form
3. Start your FAFSA